We are committed to protecting your privacy.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use the Each Egg a World online artwork.
- When you contact us by telephone or email.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these).
What sort of personal information will we collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, we may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Your personal statement on your experience of stillbirth as provided through the Each Egg A World online artwork.
- Details of when you contact us by email or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of the email correspondence.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions you share on Still Born website, or when you provide feedback or reviews on the online Each Egg a World artwork, though these will be anonymised on the public website.
- Details you give when you respond to our survey.
- Details of transactions/purchases you make from the Still Born project website, though we don’t store your card details.
Who will have access to your details?
Only the artist Adinda van ’t Klooster and the project partner Alexander Heazell will have access to your information. The surveys will be anonymised.
What do we use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information may include the following:
- At signup for the Each Egg a World artwork we collect your details such as your email address and your full name and the duration of the pregnancy that led to a stillbirth. Your name or email address will not be visible on the Each Egg a World artwork; the only things that will show on the online artwork will be the name of your baby and your personal statement about your experience of stillbirth. Stillbirths that happened at term pregnancies are visually differentiated by a black dot inside the red dot. We collect your full name to prevent abuse of the interface and to ensure that there are no duplicates (as baby names might be repeated but be from different parents). We collect your email address to avoid abuse of the online artwork, to allow you to amend your statement if you wish to do so, to keep you up to date of the project and to contact you later with a survey for research purposes. You will be under no obligation to participate in the survey.
- The survey will be used to research if the Each Egg a World artwork is helping to lower stigma attached to stillbirth and educate the public about the impact of stillbirth. The survey to be sent out later in the year may involve other personal questions in relation to stillbirth though this date will only be kept in anonymised form
- Process any orders that you make via the Website (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, or through other digital means including social media platforms.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then we will provide you with details of the information we hold about you.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are several ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
- Alternatively, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish for your details to be removed from the artwork, then you will need to contact us by the same email address provided above.